Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Books for the New Puppy Owner

For those of you who are excitedly awaiting your new Schnoodle puppy, I wanted to share a few of my favorite books.   I refer to both these books whenever I have bought a puppy myself.  They each focus on different aspects of puppy training.  


 This first book, Before and After Getting Your New Puppy  should be purchased before you get your puppy.  It discusses important Developmental Deadlines that must be addressed before it is too late  It will also help teach the importance of teaching a puppy to be content in confinement, which helps with potty training and safety.  I highly recommend that the new puppy owner read this book before you bring your puppy home. 

This second book, Training the Best Dog Ever, is all about training your dog in Basic Commands.  After I attended Puppy Kindergarten with my new puppy, I had some family commitments that prevented my attending the Intermediate puppy class.  I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a book with a weekly schedule of training for my puppy that would keep me on the ball with training consistently.".  Well, lo and behold, here it is!   This book gives you a plan each day for a 5 week period.  It will refer you to a website where you can print out the 5 week schedule so all you have to do is check off what you have accomplished each day.  Each new command on the schedule also has a page reference for the book where you can read the detailed instructions on how to teach the command.  The training progresses slowly from week to week and it builds on itself.  I found it very effective.  You will have an amazingly well trained dog, if you complete this 5 week course.


I hope you like these books as much as I do.  Just remember, a dog is a puppy for such a short time.  If you are attentive to raising and training your puppy right from the beginning, your dog will be well trained before you know it!   You and your doggy will be rewarded with many years of good communication and wonderful companionship.   Good luck to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment