Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Update on Pukah the Schnoodle - 8 months old

Pukah at 8 mths old






















Pukah (Blaze was his birth name) started out the smallest of all our litter of Schnoodles puppies.  He was born out on the lawn in the early morning sunlight (quite by surprise, I assure you!)   I wondered if he would always be a tiny Schnoodle.  But birth weights are not always indicative of adult weights and such was the case with Pukah.   As I was charting the puppy growth I was so surprised how he was growing so much faster than the other puppies.   In no time he had caught up, and was no smaller than any of the rest.   But it is still a surprise to receive this update from Pukah's owner.  Pukah is now 24.5lbs.  That is bigger than both his Mama and his Papa!  Things have a way of working themselves out I suppose. As you will read, his mom tells me she had always wanted a bigger Schnoodle!

You also need to read the note to hear about the changes of a puppy's coat as it matures.   It is interesting and a good thing to note for future puppy owners....


Here is Julie's note:

      "Now that Pukah's haircut has grown out, I thought I would send a couple of pictures.  We bought a good set of clippers and I am now doing his trims myself because we really love the natural 'scruffy' teddy bear look.  He's lost all his puppy hair and had a thick new coat grow in.  It started out as a course short layer under the curly soft baby coat .  At first it was only down the center of his back and I thought it was going to be an odd undercoat.  But suddenly in December it started to grow very quickly and replaced his entire baby coat.  It is no longer course but has grown out soft and fluffy, honey-colored and very thick.

      Pukah also surprised us with his size, since his early weight seemed to indicate that he would be about 18lbs.  As of today he is 24.5 lbs!  He's not overweight at all and has a distinct tapered waste. But he has developed a very sturdy frame.  Of course, this has worked out perfectly for us since I had originally preferred a larger pup (until I got charmed on my first visit!)  I thought you would like to know for your records.  

      I have enclosed two photos one of which shows his new hobby of bird watching out the window.   That photo is the most accurate depiction of his color without the suns reflection."



Julie, I am glad that you are trying your hand at grooming your Schnoodle.  It definitely is easier to groom an 8 mth Schnoodle than a 3 month Shnoodle.   Your dog at this point is more able to stand still, and will listen better to your direction.   Plus, you can fit his haircuts to your own schedule, and save money in the long run.   I hope you have fun....I know I have always enjoyed grooming my dogs.  Best wishes in your grooming endeavors!   Thank you so much for the beautiful photos and interesting news!  ---Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment