Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

5 days old already!

At 5 days old, this puppy is much smaller than the picture indicates.
Wow!  I can't believe the puppies are already 5 days old!

Its actually quite a relief to me, because I worry so much about their health the first few days.  And Dixie too.  She is very protective of her babies.  She normally is pretty placid, but visitors had better watch out during these first few weeks.  She just doesn't want strangers around.

Yesterday I took the litter to the veterinary.  He removed their dew claws.  These are funny little claws on the side of their front legs.  They serve no purpose but the nails can grow long and need to be trimmed.  But worst of all if they get caught on the rug, they can injure a dog pretty painfully.  So breeders usually remove them during the first few days of a puppies life.

We did not 'dock' the tails of the puppies.  I've always hated to do that with my Mini Schnauzers.  When my vet said it really was unecessary, I opted out of that plan.  There is no 'breed standard' with the Schnoodle, so no one expects them to have a short stubby tail.  I think their families will enjoy seeing the tails wagging, throughout their lives.
During these first few weeks the puppies spend most of their time sleeping (with eating in between naps!)

And the best part of my trip to the vet was to hear him say that I had a very strong and healthy litter.  It makes a mom proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment